Thank you for your interest in submitting a seminar proposal for Homebrew Con 2020! Please complete all information in this form to the best of your ability.
If you are planning to save your work and return to it at a later date - please utilize our 'Pick up where you left off' feature, which allows you to email a URL to yourself to log back-in to complete your work.
Please note that only proposals that are completed and submitted before the submission period ends will be considered. Additionally, please note that you will not be able to make changes to your submission once it has been submitted.
The submission period ends on Tuesday, December 17 at 11:59 pm PT. No additional changes or proposals will be accepted after that time.
Before submitting a proposal, potential speakers are strongly encouraged to read the information below regarding submission guidelines and suggested topics.
- Important! Speakers should consider creative educational formats: Standard Homebrew Con seminars are hour-long lectures. However, the Homebrew Con 2020 Seminar Selection Committee would like to encourage potential speakers to submit proposals for seminars in creative formats where appropriate. Potential formats could include workshops, roundtable discussions, short lectures, long lectures, hands-on demonstrations, and more. You will have an opportunity in the submission form to describe your preferred seminar format.
- Descriptions should accurately reflect the proposed seminar content. If selected, the text provided in the “Seminar Description” field will be used as the seminar description on the event website, and in the conference program and mobile application.
- Be prepared to provide contact information, a short biography, and a headshot for all proposed speakers when you submit your proposal.
- You can begin filling out the form and save at any point for completion at a later date, but you must submit the form on or before Tuesday, December 17, 2019 in order for your proposal to be considered for review.
- Changes (including speaker additions or changes in company affiliations) after the seminar is selected will need to be approved by the Homebrew Con Seminar Selection Committee.
- Titles and content of selected seminars are subject to grammatical revision after committee review and approval.
- American Homebrewers Association members have clearly expressed the sentiment that they prefer not to have supplier-generated presentations that only explore one specific product or solution in the educational tracks at Homebrew Con. Suppliers wishing to present specific information on their products should consider a sponsored demonstration. Proposals from suppliers are welcome when balanced approaches and solutions to homebrewing issues are presented and they do not focus solely on a single product or brand.
*Please Note: It is also highly recommended that you keep a copy of your proposal content in a Word document or other external file in case of any errors during the submission process.
If you have any questions, please contact AHA Events & Membership Coordinator, Matt Bolling at firstname.lastname@example.org.